Sunday 16 October 2011

TONY PARSONS - MEN HAVE FEELINGS TOO


Its not often you come across male authors who are able to convey their emotions as rivetingly as their female compatriots. Tony Parson’s however is the exception to this rule. Having read the first two books in the Harry Silver series (Man & Boy, Man and Wife,) I set about to read the third and final book in the series ‘Men From The Boys.’


It is the ease in which Tony Parson draws you into the characters that kept me interested in this series. I do not read a lot (Harry Potter aside,) but if you are able to keep me glued to a book for the first 100 pages that is half the battle won. If I am waking up each day wondering what is going to happen next in a novel, as an author you should be very proud. As well in my opinion it is very hard to make somebody feel real emotion when reading words of a page rather than watching images on a screen. For me Parson’s is one of, if not the only author who has had the ability to make me feel that emotion.

If you haven’t read these books and are looking for something to read, I highly recommended them as well as Parson’s other novels.

If there is one lesson the Harry Silver series has taught me  its that ‘You can have it all, but in one small moment of madness everything you once had can fall apart.’

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...