Monday 25 July 2011

PRODUCERS I LOVE PART FIVE - LABRINTH

In part five of this series I am going to talk about the UK's most sought after Urban/Pop producer (there is apparently a two year waiting list for his services) Labrinth. Labrinth burst onto the scene last year when he produced Tinchy Stryder's breakout singles 'Pass Out' and 'Frisky.' Since then he has gone on to work with many of the UK's biggest urban acts as well as signing for 'SYCO Music' (Simon Cowell's label) and working on his debut album. I am going to introduce you to three tracks that showcase Labrinth's style which is so different to anything else you hear on the radio at this moment in time.





















Read more after the jump.

For  the first track it would be very easy for me to pick Tinie Tempah's 'Pass Out' but I'm sure most people already know the track, so i'm gonna chose a song that was produced way before any of the Tinie Tempah stuff. 'Dead End' taken from Master Shortie's debut album 'A.D.H.D' (the album was produced entirely by Labrinth.) The song also features Lab on the chorus.



The second track I've chosen is Professor Green's 'Oh My God' taken from his debut album 'Alive Till I'm Dead.' This song also features Labrinth singing the chorus.



The final track I have chosen is a newer song called 'Neva Soft by the legendary Ms Dynamite. Like a lot of Labrinth produced tracks the song features a fusion of many different genres and you can also hear his love for 8 bit sounds in the song.



BONUS: As a bonus I have included the video for a live version of Labrinth's soon to be released second single 'Earthquake.' I first saw him perform this live at Parklife festival and I loved it instantly. Sorry the sound quality isn't great but its a taster till the studio version is released.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...